Ludim Garcia Graduates from the “Professional Development Program”
On Monday 28 September, 2015, Ludim Garcia from the Department of Economics staff graduated and received a certificate from “The Professional Development Program” – a part of the Texas A&M University Employee & Organizational Development (EOD).
The Professional Development Program (PDP) is designed for Texas A&M University staff interested in improving their self-leadership and professional skills. The program helps participants work on different aspects that pertain to their development as professionals. PDP uses a holistic approach in which participants discover and develop their strengths, enhance their communication and decision making skills, improve their presentation skills, effectively use their time, create meaningful and measurable goals, gain cultural competence, improve their interview skills, and become more proactive in the performance management process. After participants have completed eleven (11) separate courses and an independent assignment, they attend the Professional Development Program Capstone, which is designed to review, summarize and synthesize the concepts learned in the certificate program.
Specifically, participants improve their ability to:
- Use their inherent strengths and natural behaviors to improve performance
- Analyze options and make better decisions
- Use time more effectively
- Create personal and career goals that provide direction and motivation
- Communicate effectively with diverse audiences in a wide variety of settings
- Work cooperatively in and with a culturally diverse workforce
- Take a more proactive approach in the performance management process
We are all proud of Ludim and her accomplishment!