UPDATES (as of 21 November 2020)
Out of an abundance of caution and for the well-being of the advising staff, campus members and our students, we will not be offering face to face advising sessions. As an alternative, we are offering virtual advising appointments and virtual drop-in advising sessions via Zoom until further notice.
Our department offers a limited amount of Drop-in hours where a student can visit with an advisor for a brief question or concern on certain days of the week. For a formal advising session, such as for semester planning, we strongly encourage students to make an appointment. Please note the following about our Drop-in hours:
- Drop-in Advising sessions are limited to 15 minutes as they are designed for brief questions or concerns.
- Zoom Meeting room links for drop-in advising will eventually be posted onto our advising webpage.
- Drop-in Advising will only be available on those posted days, from 9:00AM-11:00AM (CST).
- Students will enter the waiting room of the Drop-in advisor and will be brought into the meeting room in the order they arrived.
- Drop-ins will be seen on a first come-first serve basis.
- On days where the Drop-in advisor experiences a high volume of students, it is possible that the drop-in advisor may have to conclude drop-in hours before a student in the waiting room can be seen.
Here are the links for this week:
Drop-in Advising will only be available on these posted days, from 9:00AM-11:00AM (CST).
Students can also utilize the Navigate portal to make an appointment. As a friendly reminder, students can access the online appointment system, by clicking here and select LA-Liberal Arts Undergraduate Advising for the College and then select LA-ECON-See Additional Details as the location. Once your meeting is confirmed, you will receive an auto reply email to with instructions on how to access the advisor’s Zoom meeting for your advising session.
Although the appointment times will be listed for 30 minutes in Navigate, each session will be limited to 20 minutes. The primary reason is that at the conclusion of each session, an advisor will need to enter their notes for the session and may need to send any follow up information/documentation to the student’s TAMU email account. With this in mind, if a student is more than 5 minutes late to their online advising session, an advisor may cancel the appointment and a student will need to reschedule for a later date. If you have any trouble utilizing Zoom, please email the advisor whom you have an appointment with to make different arrangements, such as an advising session over the phone.