Why Study Abroad?
Studying abroad enhances your university experience and facilitates global connections. While abroad, you can apply what you learn in the classroom to real world situations and expand your view of the world.
- Language aquisition or improvement
- Understanding of your personal heritage
- Understanding of your own culture and values
- Increased independence and self reliance
- Increase self confidence
- Enhanced academic interest
- Develop leadership skills
- Advance your career
- Stand out amongst other graduates with skills that can only be gained through international experience
Where to Study Abroad?
Texas A&M University provides many study abroad programs for all of their students, but the Department of Economics provides for specific trips that are specifically catered to Economics majors, or rather anyone interested in Economics.
The three locations we have a relationship with are as follows:
- Erasmus University (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Capital University of Economics and Business (Beijing, China)
- Southwestern University of Finance and Economics (Chengdu, China)
All of these programs are quite affordable, with prices more or less equivalent to spending a semester at College Station. On any of our trips, courses will be taught in English. If you are interested, feel free to look through our pages about why visiting any of these places is so benefical.
If you would like to look at the other programs provided by the Texas A&M Study Abroad Programs Office, please click here.
All of these study abroad programs are quite affordable and competitive with a typical semester cost at Texas A&M. Even still, scholarships are available to anyone wishing to study abroad. Click here to find out more about scholarships.